Over the past 15 years, Dr. Richard Pinson and Cynthia Tang have been featured speakers at many local, regional, and national meetings including ACDIS, AHIMA, Society of Hospital Medicine, American College of Medicine and American Case Management Association.
Subjects of interest to these organizations have been:
- CDI best practices (inpatient and outpatient)
- Clinical diagnostic standards, documentation and coding (e.g., malnutrition, sepsis, acute kidney injury and acute tubular necrosis, etc.)
- Hierarchical condition categories
- Clinical validation and regulatory compliance
- Medical necessity
- Risk (severity) adjustment methodologies and practical application
- CMS pay-for-performance
- Effective use and role of physician advisers
As the authors of the original CDI Pocket Guide® and our consultancy at hundreds of hospitals nationwide, we have the ability to provide group training and workshops on a wide range of topics.
Also within the scope of our talents are:
- Recovery audit processes, strategies and tools
- Evaluation and management documentation and compliance
- Crucial ICD-10 notes and instructions and the CMS Official Coding Guidelines
- Effective and compliant query processes and construction
- APR-DRG methodology and application
- Complications of care
should you need a speaker at an upcoming event. We can do so either on-site or via webinar. Our live interactive webinar platform for teams or large groups makes this even more accessible and cost-effective.